Indy 5 Set Reports & Photos

emtiem

We seem to be missing a thread for the latest updates and reports from the set so I thought I'd start one: I hope that's okay.

The NYC set in Glasgow (which seems pretty likely to be for Indy V but there's still no confirmation) is taking shape, some new pics here:

It looks to me like they're doing a parade scene: as well as all of the flags, notice the grandstand for spectators in this shot:
12770065.jpg

11YearsLater

No, I don't think it means Asians will be the enemy in this. It's just a sign that's relevant for the time period. Also, I posted those pair of images first in the "Guess the year Indy V will be set" thread, that redditor that twitter account credited got it from there. No biggie, just sayin'.

DARTH ZOIDBERG

No, I don't think it means Asians will be the enemy in this. It's just a sign that's relevant for the time period. Also, I posted those pair of images first in the "Guess the year Indy V will be set" thread, that redditor that twitter account credited got it from there. No biggie, just sayin'.
I got them from a Star Wars Message Board wont name the site but I'm a member there also got them from Twitter I'm a member of Twitter. I didn't get them from your post.

as for the Space Nasa plot,
https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/19428813.amp/?__twitter_impression=true[/QUOTE]
this could be another reason Spielberg didn't want to come back to direct, One of the biggest complaints about Crystal Skull was Ancient Aliens and then the next film is gonna be about Space and Astronauts possibly a sci-fi McGuffin? a little to close too the Indy 4 story unless I'm missing something?

Nerdpants

I got them from a Star Wars Message Board wont name the site but I'm a member there also got them from Twitter I'm a member of Twitter. I didn't get them from your post.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/19428813.amp/?__twitter_impression=true
this could be another reason Spielberg didn't want to come back to direct, One of the biggest complaints about Crystal Skull was Ancient Aliens and then the next film is gonna be about Space and Astronauts possibly a sci-fi McGuffin? a little to close too the Indy 4 story unless I'm missing something?
[/QUOTE]
After

emtiem

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/19428813.amp/?__twitter_impression=true
[/QUOTE]

Well just because there's a parade with astronauts (in what might actually be an action scene judging by how long they're going to be shooting there) it doesn't necessarily mean that the film is about astronauts. In The Fugitive we saw Harrison evading capture by joining in with a St Patricks Day parade, and yet the film wasn't about St Patrick; in Spectre James Bond chases a guy through a day of the dead parade, the film isn't about skellingtons and witches etc.
The parade might have a plot importance, it might not.

DARTH ZOIDBERG

Well just because there's a parade with astronauts (in what might actually be an action scene judging by how long they're going to be shooting there) it doesn't necessarily mean that the film is about astronauts. In The Fugitive we saw Harrison evading capture by joining in with a St Patricks Day parade, and yet the film wasn't about St Patrick; in Spectre James Bond chases a guy through a day of the dead parade, the film isn't about skellingtons and witches etc.
The parade might have a plot importance, it might not.
[/QUOTE]
Have you read the rumors circulating may be since January about the film being about the space race and the villain being an ex Nazi scientist working for NASA?

Face_Melt

Rumors are the space race is the backdrop of the film, the film isn’t actually about Indy going to space…