Indiana Jones and the Great Circle - coming in 2024

SnakeSurprise

It's pretty good going to get two new Indy soundtracks in as many years.
I would say 'new' is a pretty liberal term, especially in the case of DoD. While there is some great new material (Helena's theme) in that soundtrack, most of it is rehashed stuff, especially from TLC.

I would say 'new' is a pretty liberal term, especially in the case of DoD. While there is some great new material (Helena's theme) in that soundtrack, most of it is rehashed stuff, especially from TLC.
I'm not agree. There's some bits of Last Crusade in the 1944 sequence, but the 99% of the soundtrack is totally new (apart from Raiders theme). Yeah, it's not so great as the original trilogy soundtracks but after a few listenings I could see DOD is a amazing one, too.

michael

Happy to take it to soundtrack thread, but the Tangier chase is TLC remix.

yeah and i think that's why i prefer the OST to the complete score (which is rare for me) --- it's weird hearing Skull's 'Ants!' for a split second in ancient greece, along with some of the warehouse music before they go into the portal.

but i still love the original stuff.

Dr.Jonesy

I've not really listened to Dial's score aside from Helena's theme. I just assumed most of it was recycled like with Kingdom's.

JackBurton

I've not really listened to Dial's score aside from Helena's theme. I just assumed most of it was recycled like with Kingdom's.
The Warehouse-Scene had some old music in it. The rest of KotCS score is new with a lot of great stuff in it, worth another try.

After hearing Dials score numerous times, I began to like it. It's nice music, but still missing some memorable themes. That's the biggest Problem for me, because the old themes are creating so many emotionslos that the rest of the music falls a little flat.

LB Makes Stuff

No, I’m sick of tired of reading this same exact crap over and over again. Are there reused cues? Yes. But 2/3 of this score is new. End of discussion.

Bjorn Heimdall

Phil Spencer just confirmed that Indiana Jones and the Great Circle will remain exclusive on the Xbox (And PC). He just said that it and Starfield would be exclusive and didn't want to elaborate on which games would be going multiplatform, but it's only 4 games, two of which are "community driven".

So deffo a storm in a teacup, this whole Xbox thing. I just really want Sea of Thieves to be one of those games so I can play it with some friends.

Finn

Staff member
It kind of sucks for the visibility of the brand in the big picture, but I really doubt that it being a full exclusive instead of a timed exclusive will make that much of a personal-level difference to most of the PS owners in this thread - because the wait, whether it's six months, a year, or even more would have been excruciating enough. I know you all have already browsed through the second hand XBox market.

Dr_Jones_NL

TBQH, they're not ruling out the game coming to other platforms. I was planning the PC release myself. But to be honest: I am patient; I bought the PSP version of Staff of Kings and the PC version of Infernal Machine last year :-D

StockdeFerry

waiting.jpg

dprog

it's also a game which also relies on the Nazis as enemies, and that's a "creative lapse", according to Hal Barwood, who worked as director, designer and writer on the critically acclaimed 1992 point-and-click adventure Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

Barwood would also work on Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine, but feels that the franchise has come to rely far too much on having Nazis as the lead enemy.

"I think as the Jones’ universe became formulaic to the people who were involved with it in film especially, but also in games, they just thought that Nazis were an inherent part of that world," he tells us. "I didn’t think so at all. I just think it was a tremendous mistake to have Nazis in Dial of Destiny, and I just thought that resurrecting and rehashing that material was not a good idea."

Infernal Machine, to its credit, introduces a Soviet threat, as does the much-maligned 2008 movie Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. However, subsequent video games (2003's Emperor’s Tomb and 2009's Staff of Kings) return to the Nazis, as does 2023's film Dial of Destiny. As we've already discussed, Bethesda's upcoming Indiana Jones and The Great Circle also has Nazis as enemies.

Regarding this, Harwood feels that the creative teams behind these projects have run out of ideas. "They just couldn’t think of something that didn’t involve the Nazis, and the franchise was lying heavy on their shoulders. And so, they just thought they should go and do what had already been done. That’s a creative lapse, which I’m sorry to have been aware of. I wish it hadn’t happened..."

I kinda agree with Hal Barwood here. Nazis are overused in the Indiana Jones franchise. I'm not sure why we don't have an Indy story with Italian or Japanese villains.(Since Italia and Japan were allies of Nazis and those can serve well as villains for Indy)
At least Emperor's Tomb had Chinese villains.

Kukulcan

With the first hacking news, I hope to play this on my PS Portal Remote Player later this year. Screen and controllers are so nice.