George Lucas onboard as Executive Producer

ThrowMeTheWhip

This is the piece of news I have been sitting on for the last few weeks that people keep asking me about. This is why I said I’d heard something that should give us fans more confidence.

George has seen the most recent cut and was thrilled with it. He requested to come on as executive producer.

ThrowMeTheWhip

He requested to come on board as an executive producer after the film has been through its first edit? How does that work and what would he even do as an executive producer at this point in post production?
Likely more symbolic.

What does this mean exactly? I read this as he saw a nearly finished cut of a movie he had nothing to do with and signed on as Executive Producer.

Is this just a formal way of giving his stamp of approval?
Exactly.

The Lone Raider

Well, at least that means he endorses it. People can say what they want about his ideas for the Star Wars prequels and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, but as far as I'm concerned, without George's acceptance of this film, I would be incredibly worried, because he knows this character better than any of us. He knows when something is trash and when something deserves recognition, maybe (hopefully) even accolades.

IndyForever

Always knew George & Steven would be onboard in the background....did anyone seriously think a Ford Indy would get made without those 2 guys lurking around somewhere! :whip:

George prefers post to anything else you can bet he is all over it now & I would not be surprised if George & Steven have final cut...unofficially! :gun:

DirkPitt

That's really great news. Especially, as he was not too keen on the recent Star Wars episodes.

Carsten

Executive producer? Yes and no. They put his name on the credts... but he has nothing to say... nothing to do with this movie.
But this is good. I love GL... but with "Indy 4" he failed... with the Prequels he failed...

StockdeFerry

He requested to come on board as an executive producer after the film has been through its first edit? How does that work and what would he even do as an executive producer at this point in post production?
Maybe that extra money could be used to improve further the de-aging technique applied on the film.